28 July 2013

New Zealand part I

Tänkte att jag kanske är redo för en liten resumering av världens bästa utbytesår. Den 18 juli 2012 lämnade jag Sverige och åkte till andra sidan jordklotet, lite såhär har det sett ut:

I was thinking that I might be ready for a little summary of the best exchange year EVER. On the 18th of July 2012 I left Sweden and went to the other side of the world. This is what it has looked like: 

Juli/Augusti - July/AugustKom fram mitt i vintern och det regnade nästan varje dag. Själv var jag mest förvirrad och uppskattade alla småsaker som kunde göra mig glad. Min andra helg åkte jag med min fjärde värdmamma till Tauranga, en stad några timmar söderut, men annars var jag nog mest hemma.
I augusti fyllde jag 17, och träffade Benja, Erin, Tim och Sofia för första gången. De fick komma på min födelsedagsmiddag dagen efter att jag träffat dem. Annars gick jag på marknad med min värdfamilj, åkte upp i The Skytower och var i Devonport för första gången tillsammans med Benja, Erin, Sofia, Max och Lucy.

Arrived in the middle of winter and it rained almost every day. I was mostly confused and appreciated all the little things that made me happy. On my second weekend, I got to come with my fourth host mum to Tauranga, a town a few hours south, but other than that I was mostly at home. 
In August I turned 17, and met Benja, Erin, Tim and Sofia for the first time. I invited them for my birthday dinner the day after I'd met them. Other than that, I went to a farmers market with my host family, went to the Skytower, and was in Devonport for the first time with the exchange students, Max and Lucy. 

September
Fick fler och bättre kompisar, och det bästa som hände var nog vår Marae Weekend tillsammans med inbounds, outbounds och några rebounds. Lekte Maoriska lekar och sjöng sånger, klättrade upp för en kulle, gick på badhus och höll presentationer om våra länder.

Got some new friends, and got to know the old ones even better. The best thing that happened was probably our Marae Weekend with outbounds, inbounds and some rebounds. Sang songs in Maori, climbed hill, went to the pools and did presentations about our countries. 

1 comment: